Monday, June 7, 2010

Unemployment volume 1

I'm back in NYC, currently a freelance stay-at-home wife/dogwalker (my dog is my only customer)/annoying errand runner.  There are a few things that I've done that make me appreciate the downtime I have before I enter the rat race again.

Buying Fresh Flowers
Peonies are my favorite flowers and lilacs have such a dreamy scent.  I'd like to note that buying these flowers must have been such a dreamy experience because I dropped a $20 bill somewhere on the sidewalks of the Upper East Side.

Making Corn Salsa from Scratch
Thanks to my pal, I was able to make this great new salsa.  It's super easy with dicing pesky cherry tomatoes as the most challenging part of the process. 

1.5 cups grape tomatoes
1 cup corn
1/2 cup red onion
1/2 cup black beans
1/4 cup cilantro (or parsley)
1/2 of jalapeno
1/2 tsp cumin
salt
pepper
2 T red wine vinegar 

Super easy, right?  20 minutes later, and voila!

Stay tuned for more adventures from my days as an unemployed gal!  Be prepared to see pictures of dogs, food, and NYC sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment