Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I mean it, rain. Go away.

Yet another rainy day in Boston.  With no surprise, my umbrella (ella ella eh eh eh) broke and I've got a million and twenty things to attend to today, all of which require going out in the rain.

Every girl's rainy day wardrobe should contain three essential items:
1.  A classic belted trench
2.  Knee high wellies
3.  A makes-me-smile-even-though-it's-raining-cats-and-dogs umbrella

After all, your clothes have to make you look cute even when your hair looks like wet dog and your smeared mascara makes you look like a panda.

Although I'm not the biggest fan of Burberry RTW fashion, I do love their modern, girly spin on the trench coat.  I'm a sucker for pleats, what can I say?
...and the fun doesn't stop there.  Look at the pleats in the back!
Next stop, rain boots.  Knee high wellingtons are the most flattering, and these Hunter rain boots will never go out of style.  Therefore, they are worth the $115 investment.

Lastly, you need an umbrella.  I've bought $50 ones that I lose in a cab within two days of purchase, $5 ones that I've bought at a NYC deli that have lasted 5 years, and $15 ones that are cute, but can't stand up to the wind.  That said, my choice below is chosen purely on aesthetics.  Don't blame me if it turns inside out the minute you walk outside.


(and it's masculine enough that the boy in your life won't be ashamed to carry it when he's surely forgotten/lost his own).

1 comment:

  1. Personally, I'm interested in the big socks that Hunter sells to go with the boots.

    Apparently, they make boots blister proof.

    How about you buy them and let me know how it goes?

    ReplyDelete