Friday, March 26, 2010

Empire State of Mind

Yesterday marked the two month countdown until we pack our car with my belongings and drive south and west to New York City for one last time.  When I left for Boston back in the Fall of 2008, I was happy, relieved, and excited to leave The Big Apple for the smaller city of Boston.  

I've started to compile a list of things I want to do once I move back.  I guess the silver lining to the distinct possibility of being jobless on my return to the Upper East Side is that I can cross stuff off this list relatively quickly.  

1.  I can't count how many times I've ran in Central Park, but regardless of what's going on in life, the loop around the reservoir provides a sense of calm in a city of craziness.  I can't wait to resume my daily runs in the greatest park in the world.  
 
2.  Catch several games at Yankee Stadium.  As a daughter, sister, and wife of passionate maniacal Yankee fans, going to Yankee games has been a staple to my summer for many years.  
3.  Catch up with old friends at the Olive Garden.  Don't be judgey:  I've already explained my penchant for chain restaurants.  If you're judging me, you're not alone because I have other friends that like going to real NYC restaurants.  My favorite place in the city isn't really known for its food (quite frankly, it sucks), but I love it for the memories and scenery.  

4.  Until I land a job and can afford to buy myself an iPad (this name still reminds me of brands such as Kotex or Always) or an Amazon Kindle, I want to go to the New York Public Library to get books.  We live in a Manhattan rental apartment, where space is at a premium.  I don't want to buy more books that just end up collecting dust on an overstuffed bookcase.  Plus, my heroine Carrie Bradshaw *almost* got married here. 
I never thought I'd miss you, NYC.  Don't let me down when I move back!

1 comment: