Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Job well done, L.L. Bean!

This dreary, rainy day has me dreaming of how I can update my Spring and Summer wardrobe.  L.L. Bean has always been known for their no-nonsense clothing, accessories, and outdoorsy gear.  I was so pleased to find out that they launched a new line called L.L. Bean Signature. I'll admit that I was skeptical as many line and brand extensions in fashion disappoint me, but on a night when I couldn't sleep, I perused the online catalog.  Don't get me wrong, I like L.L. Bean, but not necessarily for their fashion, but more for the timeless Boat and Tote bags and durable duffles.  

Not sure if it was the jet lag that blurred my judgment, but I came upon two dresses that were fashionable and smart with modern details.  I won't be able to determine if the cut is better suited for someone who wears "mom jeans" (as their original clothing line was very boxy and not body-conscious in the very least), but the dresses look great on the model.  

A staple for every wardrobe should be a shirt dress like this one.  Pair it with flat gladiator sandals or leggings and cute flats and you'll be dressed to impress. And for $79, it's a steal as you'll have it in your wardrobe for much longer than a celebrity marriage (I'm still heartbroken for Sandy Bullock).  With a purchase of over $50, you receive a $10 gift card! 


This next number is just as timeless, but a little more dressy. With a boatneck neckline (which will appease my mom's demure taste) and an adorable waist tie, I think this might be a contender to wear to a bridal shower or summer party. What's great about this dress is that you can be all WASPY and wear it with flats and a single strand of pearls OR sass it up with these Christian Louboutin heels and a chunky necklace.  


No comments:

Post a Comment