Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Art is in the eye of the beholder?

After a week of trying to do everything BUT find a job, write papers, plan my life, etc., I had this urge to make the apartment over.  I won't go into details of all the things I would want to change in our apartment, but let's just say that my other half thinks this poster constitutes as artwork.  I'll also add that this is attached to our bedroom wall with athletic tape underneath a New York Yankee sign made by a child 20 years ago.  (Don't judge, I have to choose my battles wisely, okay?)
(image found on this educational site, not an ARTWORK site)

The hubs loves maps and we both love traveling, so we have not one, but TWO world maps in our 900 square foot apartment.  One map is nicely framed, the other is shoddily taped to a Crate and Barrel mirror with more athletic tape.  Hubs had a great idea to mark each of the spots we've been to on this second map, but I'd like to take this idea and make it a more legitimate piece of art in our space.

I stumbled upon this map on Etsy, and I think it's genius and chic all at the same time.  The challenge will be for two of the un-handiest people to get this on the wall properly.  

(image found here)

No comments:

Post a Comment