Tuesday, December 2, 2008

End of Year Resolution


No, the title is not a typo. I made the executive decision to start my new year's resolution ahora.  Why you ask? 

 It might have something to do with the fact that I lived in fear that the button on my oxford blouse would pop off and seriously injure someone while I was sitting in my finance class.  

I wish I could say that my button was at risk of popping off because of a growing bosom, but unfortunately that's not the case. Damn, I wish I were that lucky.  I'm afraid the problem is much more grave.  In fact, the problem is closely linked to my previous post about the muffin tops.  I'm on my way to gaining the First-Year-MBA-15!  Gulp. I never knew there was such a thing...

Just before going to business school, I successfully shed almost 9 pounds of the happy fat I had gained during my first year and a half of marriage.  I trained for triathlons all summer and saw a nutritionist.  As soon as I set foot in Beantown, *poof*!  My hopes and dreams of staying svelte and fit as a graduate student went to the wayside just like the Yankees' hopes of making it to the playoffs.  

So, as a December Resolution, I will cease the consumption of my favorite snacks colored by orange #9 until I lose some L-B-S. I heart pringles just as much, but I find myself being able to down a can in two sittings...that sort of behavior does nothing for my psyche.
 
Stop the Cheez-Its and Pringles.  STAT.  

No comments:

Post a Comment