Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Not Feeling so Merree...



These three pictures pretty much sum up how I've been feeling all week. I'm sour, agitated and bitter. And in case you were wondering, that second photo is NOT me. I did sport a similar haircut for much of my youth. Try not to be jealous.

Now that I think of it, this reminds me of the time I got my haircut in the Philippines. My mom, brother and I spent the summer in the Philippines back in 1986. My mom took me to get my haircut and I pretty much got the same haircut as the girl (or maybe it's a boy?) in the picture above. Not that the hairstyle I had before was that much better, but I assure you, the end result of the Filipino stylist's vision was not pretty. I recall straight short bangs with a feathering effect, if that makes any sense. Anyway, I left crying and hid underneath the bed when I got home. Wow, I was already vain way back then. Interesting.

As usual, big brother comes to the rescue: Ryan told me if I ate a lot of cheese, my hair would grow quickly. Like many of the other lies he told me as a child, I believed him. I went downstairs and grabbed the largest can of Kraft cheese and started eating it. (Filipinos eat their cheese from a can. Don't ask.) I don't recall waking up with long locks of hair, but I do recall a massive stomach ache that may or may not have been the cause of a trip to the Filipino emergency room. For the record, I think the trip to the ER had something to do with my inability to swim in the ocean with my mouth closed which caused me to drink a lot of dirty ocean water. Life 1, Me 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment